The Prescription Opioid Epidemic: Crisis & Opportunity
Please join us for a special event dedicated to exploring the prescription opioid epidemic in the U.S. and right here in Marin. Plus, learn about Marin County’s public health strategy, including RxSafe Marin, the opioid safety coalition between healthcare providers, law enforcement, public health, educators, and community members. A question and answer session will follow the presentation. Download the flyer for more information...
Did You Know…
- Americans constitute 4.6% of the world’s population and consume approximately 80% of the world’s opioids?
- Americans consume 99% of the world’s hydrocodone?
- There are enough prescribed opioids for each American to take a prescription opioid every 4 hours for a month?
- Ramana Naidu, MD - Medical Director of Pain Management at Marin General Hospital
- Matt Willis, MD, MPH - Marin County Public Health Officer